Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.
Inspired by Hello Fresh! Adapted and served two ways!
Ingredients for regular meal (Recipe for 1. Double for 2):
Ingredients for lower carb option (Recipe for 1. Double for 2):
Regular Meal Method with bolded alternatives for low carbers:
As you can see from the images above, you can coat your pork in regular breadcrumbs, or my low carb bread suggestion for similar effect.
4. Place your pork into a hot pan with olive oil, and cook for 5 minutes each side, turning only twice. Alternative: Be careful with your fresh, low carb breadcrumbs at this stage. They are not dried, and so will turn to toast if you’re not careful. Perhaps turn more often to reduce this happening. I personally love a little chargrilled flavour going on).
5. Meanwhile, take your mustard, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar to a bowl, and mix thoroughly with a goot pinch of salt, and a few twists of pepper.
Alternative: At this stage, it’d be a good time to get your small sweet potato and pop it into the microwave for around 6 minutes, or until softened. I use frozen ones for convenience.
6. With the Schnitzel now having done a 5 minute combo in each side, remove from the heat, along with your bubbling potatoes.
It’s now time to prepare the warm potato salad. I personally feel that the salad itself (as in the leaves and dressing) are a fine treat for low carbers. You can of course just stick to having the Schnitzel with rocket alone, and omit the dressing if you wish.
7. Whilst the pork rests, rinse your potatoes under cold water to slightly cool. Add half of the bag of rocket to the dressing bowl, and then the potatoes. Alternative: Just don’t add the potatoes!
8. Mix the warm potato salad and dressing together and place onto the centre of a serving plate ready to welcome your schnitzel on the top (or just get creative however you wish!). Add olives if desired.
Alternative: Once your sweet potato is ready, scoop out the centre for a tasty mash accompaniment to your rocket salad and Schnitzel, or server as a jacket (the skin is the best bit!).
As a nice addition to those who want a low carb and high fat lifestyle, dress your schnitzel with some tasty Mozzerella, and drizzle with a very little glug of balsamic if you wish.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.