Deliciously Spiced Chicken on a Stick!
Ingredients serve 2:
- 2 Chicken breast fillets.
- 150g of pilavlik bulgur (you can use brown rice too).
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- 30g of raw almonds.
- 28g of honey.
- 10g of fresh dill.
- 1 red onion.
- 1tsp of Baharat spice.
- 2 garlic cloves.
You’ll need 4 skewers. If you’re using wooden ones, soak them in cold water during prep.
- Get some water on the boil (a good half a medium pan full), and slice up your chicken breasts into vertical lengths so you’re left with 8 nice strips.
- Pop the chicken strips into a bowl and rub around with the delicious baharat spice , 1tbsp of oil, and a grind of salt and pepper.
Time to get Skewered!
Pretty fun, this bit. Take your chicken and weave them onto your skewers. You’ll want 2 per stick.
3. Add the bulgur to your now (hopefully) boiling water and cook on a high heat for 10-15 minutes, or 20 minutes if using the same quantity in brown rice.
Once your grains are cooked (tender with a slight bite), you can drain them and sit them to one side.
Suggestion: If you like, you can even use Caulirice too, if you like! You can buy it in a microwavable pack, and can cook it up just before serving.
4. Take a dry, hot, wide pan (frying pan will do), and lay your chicken skewers onto it for only 2 minutes per side, and slightly browned. As soon as they are, transfer them to a foil lined baking tray and bake through in the oven on a middle to high heat for 10 minutes, until cooked,
5. Meanwhile, peel and chop up your garlic, as well as peeling your onion and chopping that up too, but more into bite size chunks.
6. Bash up your almonds in their bag.
7. Whisk up your honey and cider vinegar in a bowl with a 1tbsp of olive oil. This is just an easy, tasty dressing.
8. Chop the dill roughly, and then throw it into your drained bulgur or rice, along with the garlic, onion, and almonds to warm through on the hob for a few minutes.
9. And finally, remove your cooked skewers from the oven, all nice and juicy through, ready to serve.
Such a simple meal, as a full blown supper, or a BBQ snack! Serve these with your honey vinegar dressing prepared earlier, to really add a sweet tang, and sprinkle with some more almond chunks and dill for garnish if you like. Another favourite recipe try out from my Gousto box.