200g of rice noodles (any of your favourite noodles will do).
1/2 tsp of chilli flakes.
20g fresh root ginger.
1.Whilst you boil a kettle of around half a medium saucepan of water, peel and finely chop your onion. Once chopped, grab another pan (a larger one), and bring to a low heat on the hob with a drizzle of your preferred oil.
2. Once the pan of oil is hot, add in your chopped onion with a pinch of salt, and cook for 8-10 minutes until softened.
3. Meanwhile, add your boiled water to your medium saucepan, and throw in your favourite noodles. The water should cover them. Add a pinch of salt, and boil for about 3 minutes, or until soft. Time to trim the green beans!
4. Once your beans are trimmed, add them to your noodle pan and cook for a further 3 minutes. Once cooked, drain and rinse the bean-oodle mix quickly under cold water, before returning them back to the saucepan, but keeping off the heat.
5. Trim any fat off your pork loins and slice into strips, or simply ready your pork strips if you’ve bought them ready cut.
6. Add the pork strips to your cooked onion pan and crank up the heat to medium-high to cook for around 4 minutes, then cover with a lid and cook for 2 more minutes until the pork is cooked through.
7. Once the pork is cooked, remove the pan from the heat and keep covered until you’re ready for the grand finale.
8. Now, peel and grate the ginger, trim and slice the spring onions and garlic finely. Combine all of these with the soy sauce, sesame oil, chilli flakes, half of the spring onion, and if you like, add a tea spoon of honey to sweeten (optional). This is the chilli mix!
9. Pop the pork pot back on the heat and get ready to finish up the dish by adding in your newly made chilli mix! Cook for 1 minute before adding in your noodle and beans, and give everything a good, stiff mix. Remove from the heat and add the rest of your spring onion. You’re ready to dish up!
Lump your tasty Firecracker Pork into some deep dishes, and enjoy on a cosy evening in, or for a quick lunch.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.