I was so excited when I was asked by Sally to be part of her “be my guest” feature. I wanted to do something that would fit in with her love for natural and organic products so I decided 5 foods for your face would be appropriate.
What we put inside our bodies has a massive impact on our health and wellbeing, but did you know that there are other uses for some of your favourite foods? Not only are they cheaper than lotions and potions, they are also free from any chemicals and additives. I have rounded up my top 5 foods for your face and why you should try them.
Coconut – Hot cloth cleanser
• Suitable for most skin types – avoid if prone to acne. • Coconut oil is fantastic way to cleanse your face. It contains vitamin E and fatty acids which helps to soothe and protect the skin. Used with the hot cloth cleansing method below, it also helps to exfoliate and remove excess oil and dirt from the skin. • How to use: Warm up the oil in your hands. Massage into the face. Remove using a hot muslin cloth. • Coconut oil can also be used as a hair treatment.
Avocado – Face mask
• Suitable for dry and mature skin. • Everyone seems obsessed with avocado at the moment and it is perfect to use as a face mask. It contains vitamins A and E which have anti-aging properties and helps to repair and nourish the skin. Avocado deeply cleanses the skin and helps to stabilise its natural pH level. • How to use : Mash up an avocado and apply to the face for 10 minutes. • You could also try using it as a hair mask.
Honey – Face mask
• Suitable for dry and mature skin. • The effects of honey include tightening, toning and nourishing which make it ideal for dry and aging skin. Honey helps to moisturise by absorbing moisture from the air in to the skin. • How to use: Apply 1 teaspoon to the face – leave for 15-20 minutes.
Banana – Face mask
• Suitable for dry, mature and sensitive skin. • Banana is full of vitamins and nutrients. It helps to even out the skin tone, moisturise,reduce fine lines and brighten the skin. • How to use: Mash a ripe banana and apply to the face – Leave for 15-20 minutes.
Cucumber – Eye pads
• Suitable for normal, combination and oily skin. Also for eye pads. • Cucumber is more than 90% water which gives a cooling effect on the skin. They also contain vitamins and nutrients which help to soothe and reduce puffiness which make it perfect to use for eye pads. • How to use: Slice a cucumber. Place the cumber pads over the eyes for 15-20 minutes.
I hope you have found a new use for some of your favourite foods – let me know if you try any. If you want to read more about beauty, fitness and fashion check out: www.beautyatbrunch.com
All written content, primary photography, and ‘Beauty at Brunch’ logos in the body of this post has full credit to Lily, and the ‘Beauty at Brunch’ team and their official website.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.